Getting a computer virus is a pain in the neck. It’s scary knowing that your personal files are not secure. Computer viruses slow down your computer and steal personal information. This includes private photos, credit card numbers, and contacts. Bring your laptop or desktop computer for virus removal service.
What Is A Computer Virus?
A computer virus is a malicious program that does bad things to your computer or network. They earned their name because of how they spread by “infecting” other files on a computer or network. Often they spread through email, local area connections, or flash drives. Viruses enter other machines through shared drives, or by DVDs or USB drives. Computer viruses can:
- Erase important files from your computer
- Steal personal, financial details
- Block your internet connection
- Corrupt and damage your operating system
What is a Trojan?
How do Trojans work?
Examples of Trojan Malware
This trojan targets your already-infected computer. It downloads and installs new versions of malicious programs. These can include trojans and adware.
Fake AV Trojan
Remote Access Trojan
How Did My Computer Get A Virus?
- Visiting malware-infected websites
- Opening email attachments
- Clicking on bad links on social media
- Using external media (thumb-drive, memory cards)Be careful when downloading files from unsafe sources like peer-to-peer sharing. Out-of-date or expired antivirus software leaves you vulnerable to malicious software infections.
How Do I Know If My Computer Has A Virus?
- Frequent pop-up windows. Pop-ups messages tell you to visit websites or call a phone number. They might ask you to download antivirus or other software programs.
- Changes to your web browser homepage. Your homepage website may change to another search website for example. Strange plugins or search results appear.
- Lots of spam emails sent from your email account. A cybercriminal controls your account to send emails in your name.
- Frequent crashes. This may cause your laptop to freeze or suddenly crash. It may also prevent your device from starting up.
- Very slow computer performance. Your computer takes much longer to open files and programs. This signals that your computer could have a virus.
- Unfamiliar programs start up when your computer turns on. You may notice the program when you start your computer.
- Changed Password. This could prevent you from logging into your computer.
Virus Removed In Less Than 30 Minutes
I had an awesome experience! The viruses that were invading my laptop were removed in less than 30 minutes and it's a plus that he can remote in and fix your problems without you having to leave the comfort of your home. I recommend anyone having computer issues to give IQ Computer Services a call!
I had issues with slow performance and had a virus I tried removing myself. It seemed the virus was removed but it kept coming back right after I removed it so I took my computer to get looked at. Marcus was able to get the virus permanently removed and hooked me up with a great price for virus removal software.
Marcus helped me get rid of the virus on my computer. He was extremely fast and very nice. Definitely recommend for anybody in the area